Thursday, July 23, 2026

Now They Did It

For the last couple days the orange half has stayed in its place. I've watched squirrels climb up and eat the grape jelly but they left the orange half alone. Until tonight. Here's what I saw when I went to close the patio door drapes. Somebody moved the orange into the jelly. Hmm. I wonder who that could be?

 


I spent time this afternoon working on a short story. I thought it was done, but added a page and a half and I'm still not sure it's done. Last time I eliminated a character thinking it'd end the story. Nope. His mother showed up today and had to have her say. Sometimes those stories just don't want to quit.

 

In the morning I drew a gratitude journal page for yesterday. I'm putting it on here because I didn't draw one for today because I had to go watch Jeopardy! It's been exciting this week. Every day there's a new champion. Yesterday I got the Final Jeopardy! question and none of the contestants did. Today, not so much.

 


I took the time to make myself a WW snack this afternoon and not just a cut up apple. The dip is made with powdered peanut butter, water, Splenda, and plain yogurt. You stir it all together and scoop it up with apple slices. It's pretty darned good and only 1 point. The original recipe uses honey as the sweetener which makes it 3 points but I'd rather use the points for other things.

 

After supper I finished knitting the teddy bear scarf for Teddy Bear #2. It amazes me how much smaller #2 is than #1 just by dropping down a needle size. The scarves are the same length and there's a lot more tails on #2 and I even redid #1's neck, pulling it in tighter. 

 


A little bunny was having a snack when I was closing the patio drapes so I took its picture. It's wild how quickly they grow. Two weeks ago it would have fit in a teacup. Not anymore.

--Barbara

 

No comments: