Tuesday, July 21, 2026

All-Squirrel Wrestling

There are these two juvenile squirrels that chase each other around and wrestle all the time. They went at it on the patio but by the time I got the camera up and ready they were on the patio table. I can't decide if they're litter mates or just like to wrestle. But they're fun to watch.

 


I was just quick enough to catch a picture of this Chickadee on the suet cakes. It looks to me as if its starting to fly away but I caught it. Gotcha!

 

More of Dad's roses have bloomed. I came back from my walk (since it's finally cooled down and the smoke went away) and stuck my nose in this cluster of roses. Smelled so good.

 

I searched through all of the flower books I could find, drawing and painting ones, and found a lily in 10-Step Drawing: Florals that I could copy. I'm pretty happy with it. The rust red isn't as vivid as the actual flower but I think it's a reasonable substitute. 

 

And before supper, I drew a gratitude journal page for today. This morning I drew one for yesterday which I didn't think to do until I was back here blogging last night and I didn't want to stop and go do it.

 

I wasn't able to identify the black butterfly out of my Insects & Spiders book so I went online and I think I've found it. I think it's a Common Sootywing Skipper which it said is common in the Midwest (hence the name) and likes nectar so it makes sense that it would be interested in the jelly droplets on the old orange rind.  But isn't that a cool name?

I can't stop myself from reading my Sailing the Seas manuscript and today I found a part that was out of sequence. I couldn't see how to rearrange it so I printed out the chapter and used the old-fashioned way of cut and paste--scissors and tape. That worked.  I got it rearranged, fixed it in the computer, and even cut down a very long chapter into two.

My tetanus shot arm aches when I move the muscle. I knew this would happen and even checked with the tech that "this is the one that hurts, right?" before I agreed to get the shot. But then all vaccine shots hurt at first. Hopefully it'll get better quickly. 

I have enough chicken taco meat for one more supper. I've been enjoying one overfull taco each evening since last Thursday when I served them at knitting. I'll miss them when they're gone. But something else tasty will come along.

--Barbara 

No comments: