Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Can't Leave Well Enough Alone

You'd think I would learn. I had gotten down to 3 active projects OnTheNeedles--the Sudoku squares knitted at work between customers, the Mardi Gras Ankle Sox that I work on at Patti's Yarn Shop on Thursday nights, and the Khaki Cardi that I cast on last weekend and can't put down. It seemed like barely anything going on, almost as if I had large gaps in my knitting time. I realize that I am making great strides in the cardi, I mean I'm almost through the first 240 yd. skein and I'm 32 rows from putting the sleeve stitches on waste yarn and moving down the body of the sweater.

And yet I couldn't keep from casting around for yet another som
ething to knit or crochet, for one more project to fill those empty nanoseconds. There I was in JoAnn's yesterday afternoon, the needles I wanted were already on sale so my 2-50% off coupons wouldn't work on those. I spotted 4 skeins of Lion Microspun in Sterling on sale for only $1.97 each so the coupons wouldn't work on those either. Then I looked at the pretty ripple shawl on the label and thought I might like to crochet it, but it called for 6 skeins and there were only 4 on sale. Aha! I could buy 1 skein of Ebony Microspun for either end of the stole/shawl; it wasn't on sale so the coupons would work on it, one for each. Huzzah! Naturally, I couldn't resist digging out a crochet hook and starting it last night. *sigh*

No comments: