Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dreary Tuesday

What a gloomy day! I hate days like this, I feel like I want to take a nap most of the day.

I got my chapbook manuscript mailed in this afternoon. Maybe I'll be a published poet one of these days.

Since tomorrow's July 1, yes, July 1 if you can believe it, I'm going to work to post every day and work out on Wii Fit every day so I'll be giving Wii reports with my art prompt posts. Sorry to dump this on you but I need someone to be accountable to and you're it.

June 30--Antonio Zucchi, Cupola. Beatrice lay on the landing bench watching the clouds and birds as they passed overhead. She had loved the cupola since the day they moved in. Mama hated it. She said the sunlight faded the carpets and bleached the woodwork, but they lived in London. That was one city where you could rely on clouds and rainy days. London was the place to have a glass and iron cupola on your house. Papa said it saved on electricity by bringing light in to the center. Beatrice liked it because God could look down and see how much she needed a brother or sister to play with--or maybe a puppy.

I'm outta here.
--Barbara

No comments: