Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Jenny is Back From Florida

At group Thursday she was in excellent spirits, though as a result of running in the half marathon, the muscles in her back were sore. Probably the main reason you haven't heard from her is that the screen to her computer has crashed. Just thought you'd want to know.

It seems like the manager is always calling me into his office. Mostly, it's for some little favor or other, something that he wants me to take care of. At first, I felt like he was putting his trust in me to do these things, and that felt good. But lately, it seems like he's just pawning these things off on me because he doesn't want to be bothered. The last time he did this was the other night when a friend of his showed up. He came in early, and stayed through the second showing. I had finished with all the things I take care of, and had changed into my street clothes. The manager called me aside and asked me to drive out to his house. There was a conflict, he said. His wife had to go to work, and he had some other important things to see to. He held out a twenty. I took the money and he gave me directions. When I got out to the manager's house, his wife asked where her husband was. I explained the story the best I could. Then she got really mad, cursing in some Eastern European sounding language. She accused him of all sorts of ugly things. I guess he had done this very same thing before.

Snow came again last night (4 to 6 inches) and though it's still cold, it isn't nearly as frigid as this past weekend. I have heard we are in for a warming trend. That would be nice...

Bob;-)

No comments: