Sunday, October 22, 2023

Today it was Sunny

instead of rainy so I went for a walk after lunch. As I was toiling up the little incline from my driveway a woman a little younger than me came striding up, crunching through the leaves, and blew past me like I was standing still. *sigh* I'll get there but it's going to take a while.



This Sparrow made full use of the birdbath this morning. He sat on the edge for a while dipping his beak in the water and getting a drink then he decided that it was a good day for a bath. I hoped that more Sparrows would join him but none did.


I decided to get out my little pad of black mixed media paper, a white gel pen, a white paint pen, and a white colored pencil and try my hand at the reverse Zentangle. I like it. I like it a lot. It was fun to do and it turned out great.



I spent the rest of the afternoon mostly standing and reading another version of The Seaview 2's manuscript. This one has chapter breaks where the Point Of View changes even if some of them are very short. I like it. This feels smooth and understandable. We might have a winner.


The other writing thing I did today was compose my November Writing Progress Letter for my email list. I almost forgot that I needed to do it but remembered this morning. Whew. And I remembered how to get it set up so it goes out on the first.

I spent a little time this afternoon with a bucket and shears clipping off and uprooting the dying geraniums and coleus from the pots in back and in front. I also cut down the gold mums because something spent the last couple days or nights eating off every flower on the plant. I'm not kidding. Just about every flower was snipped off leaving a little naked stem poking out. Do rabbits eat mums? I don't know but why would it only eat the gold ones? Do they taste better? *flings hands in the air* Naturally it ate my favorite color of mums.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I like the white on black Zentangle too. Good job!