Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Clean Up on the Patio

I filled the bird feeders this afternoon and because they'd been empty for a couple days there were no birds in the area waiting impatiently for me to finish. It took about an hour but the first wildlife that was attracted to the area was this little chipmunk that came to hoover up the little bit of seed that spilled when I filled the round feeder.



Then just before it got too dark to see what was going on out there a Cardinal couple came to the platform feeder. Well, actually he landed on the platform feeder and she landed on the patio table to eat up the suet pellet crumbs. A Mourning Dove kept trying to share with the male Cardinal but he wasn't having it. The Dove would flutter near and the Cardinal would lunge at it. Not very nice.


I felt bad that I didn't share the picture of the coppery mums yesterday so here they are. They're the plant that makes a round cushion of flowers like the gold ones are supposed to do.



This morning I got an "I'm brewing. You wanna come over?" text from DS so I got myself organized and scooted on over to the brewery. He was making Yard Games IPA and was at the stage where he transferred the baby beer from the mash tun to the kettle. No fancy hoses and no big splash of cleaning the tank water yet just a swirl of liquid in this pot-thing (I don't know what it's called). We had a nice visit, then I stopped to get gas, and came on home.


I turned to Day 8 in the Zentangles book and found a couple much more complex tangles to try drawing.  I think I did okay for a first attempt but will try my hand at them again tomorrow.

 


I was bored by TV tonight and I didn't want to knit on the Muchness Scarf so I went downstairs and pulled out this Summer in Monaco yarn and cast on a sock. I promise to knit on the scarf at Friday Night Knitting zoom because I don't want to just let it lay there since I'm so close to knitting up the whole ball of yarn.


Took a walk this afternoon and both my legs and lungs felt a little better. Maybe this walking thing is working out. I have a long way to go before I'm anywhere near comfortable or eager to walk but I'm getting there.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Nice that you got to have a little one on one time with your boy. You're so lucky to have them right there in town. I'm jealous.