Thursday, October 26, 2023

The Glitch is Fixed


I pulled up last night's blog entry this afternoon just to see if I could upload pictures onto it and it would have let me! Since today was a total washout, weather-wise, I thought I'd just wait to share yesterday's pictures tonight.

 

Here's the view down the street that I took on yesterday's walk. More of the leaves washed off the trees in today's nearly unrelenting rain. Where was this rain in the summer when the farmers, gardeners, and lawn growers needed it?



The only today picture is today's zentangles. I drew one big one and three new tangles. I like the way the big one turned out but think that the three small ones are kind of boring. Maybe they'll be good fillers for fancier zentangles or backgrounds. I'll have to see.


This is my sock progress. I added a few more rounds this evening while watching Bones reruns on Ion TV which channel I've never heard of but I was desperate for something to watch and that was all that appealed to me. And even that didn't hold my interest for long. Sometimes I think that I have the attention span of a gnat.


I had to get out in the rain this afternoon because someone small needed to be picked up after school. Naturally the end of school coincided with the most enthusiastic rain so it was a real battle of the umbrellas at the pickup point. No two were alike.

I spent the rest of the afternoon rereading the manuscript. I didn't find many places that needed sprucing up as I did yesterday but there are a few pages to go. I'm trying to mentally prepare for NaNoWriMo which starts next Wednesday. It's not going well. I can't seem to change mental gears so I guess I'll finish this reread and start immersing myself in the old manuscript that I want to rework.

I had another sale yesterday that showed up on my Amazon ads page graph so my sales are still outpacing my spend. That's a good thing. It hasn't shown up on my sales report page yet but someone on Kindle Unlimited did borrow and read Horizon. I don't get as big a royalty from page reads but I figure maybe that will lead someone to chose to buy another one of my titles. I'm ever hopeful.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

The picture of your street could be the cover of "Midwest Living" magazine. So very pretty.