Sunday, October 8, 2023

Gotcha

It was a good bird day. First thing I saw a little streak of gray land on the nearly empty platform feeder. It was a Nuthatch that pecked around on the floor of the feeder then went over the side to try the bottom.



Then a Downy Woodpecker visited the suet for a snack. I love the little swoop of red on the back of the male's head.


And when I came out to get a snack there was a Red-bellied Woodpecker on the suet pellets. I quick grabbed the camera and got it. As soon as I snapped the picture it flew away. I was just in time.



Here's the Dad's rosebud that I photographed yesterday. I just love the deep, velvety red of these flowers. And they smell so good, just like roses are supposed to smell.


I drew the three new daily tangles this afternoon while taking a break from rereading my manuscript. Two of the three were a bit of a challenge to draw or rather to make look like the example. The one with the strips going every which way was the easiest.



The big zentangle with all of the tangles of the day was a challenge too. I added a bit of yesterday's tangles to spice it up.



I took a walk this morning. I was hoping that walking last week would help my endurance but it seems like it didn't make much of a change. Gotta keep working on it.

I spent a bit of the afternoon rereading the manuscript. Every time I read it I find something to change or eliminate. I guess that's called editing. One of these days I'm going to print it out on paper and go through it that way. I suspect I'll find more things that need changing that way. I'm old-school, I like paper copies.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Love the shot of the upside down bird. Those tangles look like they'd be really hard to draw. But I know you love a challenge!