Saturday, October 14, 2023

Just Hanging Around

It didn't rain today, it just looked like it wanted to off and on. And it was WINDY. Really gusty with a cold wind from the east. I went to the grocery for watermelon chunks (still addicted) and lunchmeat and then I came home and hunkered down.


I used my new laptop stand in the afternoon to start reading v.2 of the manuscript which is the exclusively 1st person version of The Seaview 2. I did some cutting and pasting of parts that were out of order and I'm about to the halfway point in the story. I missed the 3rd person scenes though, they add more life to the manuscript, but I'll keep reading and try to keep an open mind. I listened to an author interview after finishing an audiobook this afternoon and he said that his chapters average about 1000 words. That's pretty short so maybe I can work out a way to keep my beloved 3rd person pieces.



Today's zentangle lesson was to combine tangles in a new way. I'm not sure that I understood the directions but I copied a few of the tiles on the pages.


And that was my day. I alternated between reading the manuscript and drawing zentangles. I also took an unexpected nap after lunch. I don't know why I get so tired after lunch but I find myself dozing off. It's not a big deal since we all used to nap after lunch when we were little so maybe I'm regressing to my toddler days except now I can drive and nobody bosses me around.

There was a solar eclipse today but I don't live where it could be seen. Good thing because it was cloudy a lot of the day. Along with the wind.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I think an afternoon nap is therapeutic. At least that's what I tell myself. We're expecting cool temps down here soon. Nothing like yours, of course. But it's our version of a change of season.