Thursday, September 14, 2023

That Last Bite

I don't have photographic proof but I managed to spill the last bite of my tomato-based supper on the front of my white tee shirt. I know if I'd had on a tomato red or black shirt that bite wouldn't have fallen. I did manage to Shout!, Fels Naptha, and Stain Stick it right away and run it through the washer so there's only a small old stain on the shirt. I have a lot of white shirts and, I confess, that a lot of them have a small stain on the front. I can be such a klutz.


This morning I caught sight of a Downy Woodpecker taking a Slinky ride before flying over to the suet cakes for a snack. I grabbed the camera and took a picture as quickly as I could but all I got was a white blur. So I snapped another one of the bird on the suet cakes. Not as much fun as if it would have been on the Slinky.



I pulled out 20 Ways to Draw a Tree after lunch and drew grains, a bee, a seed head, and a moth. By far, the bee is my favorite. It turned out the best and it's my spirit animal. Also my initial.


Then I turned to the next page in Drawing Cute to find two kinds of peppers--bell peppers and jalapenos. I really like the way they look.



I went out and mowed the front and side yards this morning. It's a big job but I'm glad I spread the mowing out over two days. It makes it a little easier on these old bones. One of Dad's rosebuds opened and was looking pretty darned gorgeous.


I got to spend a little time with LC and OJ this afternoon. LC needed a ride to her piano lesson and OJ needed a snack. Meemaw to the rescue!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Your spirit animal is certainly perfect. If anyone is busy as a bee, it's you.