Monday, September 11, 2023

Art & Beer

First thing this morning I got a text from DS that today was a brew day and I could come visit if I wanted to. I wanted to. So I ate breakfast, yoga-ed, did a little step aerobics on the Wii, and got dressed before tootling on down to Zambaldi Beer to visit with my favorite (and only) son. He was getting the fermenter tank ready to receive the batch of Meatball Man Amber he was brewing up. As you can see by the wet floor there's lots of water involved in brewing beer.



I spent the rest of the day doing art. Before lunch I drew these figures from Things with Wings--a hang glider, a heron, and a flying pig. I like precise lines of the hang glider.


Then I went to lunch with a few classmates from the St. Agnes Class of '65. We meet at a
sports bar in a suburb of Green Bay, eat, laugh, tease, and visit. It's a fun couple hours once a month. No, I didn't whip out my phone to take a picture of my quesadilla. I resisted the lure of a cheeseburger and tots today.


After lunch I decided to take the pearly paints for another whirl and went back to the flower lesson. This time I used regular watercolors too and painted the pearl paints over which didn't work out as well as I thought it would. I wish I could figure out a way to take a picture at an angle so you can see the sparkle but I can't.



Finally I thought I'd do a little more drawing and paged to the next spread in Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers. I like the top three flowers. The bottom one needs more petals or something


I was going to take a walk this afternoon but it started drizzling so I took a catnap instead. So much more satisfying. Then I listened to an audiobook.

I turned the thermostat from Cool to Heat today because the weather has turned cloudy and cool. I need the furnace to knock the chill out of the house. Not 10 days ago it was in the high 90s and now we're lucky to hit the low 60s. Crazy weather.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I always love seeing a picture of DS at the brewery. It looks like a huge science lab and I guess, in a way, it is. Anyway, nice that you got to spend a little time with your boy.