Tuesday, September 19, 2023

More Leaves

I stepped out of the house this afternoon to take a walk, looked up, and here's what I saw. I was standing right on my front porch and there's this big swath of red leaves in the maple tree next door. *sigh* I'm ready for it to be cooler (although the next 3 days are supposed to be in the 80s) but I'm not ready for the rest of the accoutrements of autumn.



After my walk I sat down here and started to go over my manuscript again. I searched online for a way to switch POV without having to make a chapter break and learned that I can leave a gap and a little row of asterisks to denote the break in POV. so I started at the beginning and went through chapter by chapter and squeezed the scenes together with their little decorative breaks and shaved off 6 chapters. I saved it as rewrite 4 so now I've got to read through it to see if it makes any sense at all. This is challenging stuff.


This morning I got out my little pack of paints and a small brush and added a background to yesterday's still life. Aside from the smudge on the left side of the page I think it looks better.



Today's watercolor in my sketchbook is a bay view looking across at the horizon. Not bad for a 5-minute sketch.


The drawings today come from 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish and are a hermit crab, a scallop, a seagull, and a sea urchin. I like the sea urchin the best. Don't know why.


My Florida cousin NH texted me pictures of my grandparents' house from Indiana. It was great to see that the Ancestral Manse still looks pretty much the same. Her DD and SIL were in the area at a wedding and drove by to take some pictures for us. Thanks, you guys!

I went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned today. They feel great but I purely dislike the process. All that scraping and scratching sets my nerves on edge. My copay was $2. Two dollars! You'd think the insurance would cover it all. Crazy.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Going to the dentist is so hard for me. But I've got to get it done. And not having dental insurance is going to make it so much more painful. Poor me!!