Saturday, September 2, 2023

Reading

I sat down to write today and was stuck. Totally, brain-dead stuck. So I pulled up the first draft of The Seaview 2, or whatever it eventually gets called, and started reading. It's not actually the first draft, it's more like the third draft, but it feels first drafty to me. I'm trying to decide if the POV shifts from first person to third person and back and forth work or if I have to go back to square one and make it all first person. So far it works for me but I'll take it to The Clearing next month and we'll see what the other writers say.



Here's the second Dad's rosebud. I'm putting it on here tonight because I really don't have much to show you or tell you today. I really did spend 90% of the day reading that manuscript.


I did steal time away to draw. I'm so tickled with myself that I can draw a little bit, well, copy other people's drawings, that I can't stop. First I paged to where I'd left off in 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly and found other things with wings--2 fairies, a peacock, and a gargoyle.



Then I pulled out Drawing Cute to draw something with color. I like the mushrooms and the potato although I don't know how much personality the potato has. I mean, how much personality can you have when you're brown and lumpy?


And that's all I have. That little bit. Sorry I was so boring today but rereading a manuscript is part of the work of writing and today was a reading day. I did go to the market for grapes and watermelon today so at least I got out of the house and away from the laptop for a few minutes.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Sounds like a lost day. You don't have many of those so you're entitled every once in a while to do nothing. But hey, you tried! That counts.