Sunday, September 17, 2023

I Found the Bees!

The coppery color sedum has started to change color enough that it's worthwhile sharing and when I went up to take its picture it was covered with bees. All of the coppery ones were filled with bees, the pink one wasn't. I wonder why. I don't care, I was just glad to see bees so busy and happy.



This Downy Woodpecker came to enjoy what's left of the suet cakes. I'm debating whether to refill the feeder since I'm trying to not feed the rat (if I have one) but I don't want the rest of the birds to vamoose. I wonder if a rat can climb up there and contort itself to eat.


The next page in my new watercolor book was an exercise in brush handling. She suggests using a dagger brush which is flat and tapered on one edge. I had a hard time making leaves with it. I'm blaming my brush because it's 1/8" wider than the one she suggested so I ordered the right size one from Amazon (of course I did). It'll come tomorrow. I'm sure that'll make a world of difference.



I drew the last seven things out of 20 Ways to Draw a Tree this afternoon. When I finished the first four things I thought there were only two left so I crammed them in and then discovered that there were actually three. That explains the tiny lemon outline in the upper right.


Then I read the Modern Daily Knitting blog post today and he was talking about watercolor painting in a sketchbook so I pulled out my little box of paints and a sketchbook and dabbled. It's not as good as his little harbor scene but it isn't bad. I like the sky and the hills in the back.


I took a little walk up to the corner and back today and have to say that I'm demoralized. I thought I'd get better faster but I still get winded too soon and my legs get tired. But I'll keep going. I have to be able to walk around The Clearing when I go there in a couple weeks.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Nice to have The Clearing to look forward to soon. It helps to know something fun and relaxing is in your near future. And that place certainly fills the bill for you. Pretty picture of all those bees at work.