Thursday, September 7, 2023

Birds!

I'm still not feeding birds but birds came to investigate today. This ratty-looking Cardinal came back hoping for some seeds. He was disappointed.



Then a juvenile Downy Woodpecker visited the suet cakes. He was not disappointed.


This bee enjoyed prospecting for nectar on the sedum flowers today. I was surprised that it was the only one there since all of the flowers on that plant are starting to open.



I got a late birthday gift this evening. I went over to visit and LC handed me a small wrapped package with a bow. She'd made me a tiny box for my birthday out of air-dry clay and it wasn't dry on my birthday so I got it today. I think I'll keep my favorite earrings in it.


Then DS gave me two pints of Harbin Dill Pickles that he made. I'm hoping that they're not too spicy since they used dried chilies that were in their cupboard instead of fresh ones. I wasn't brave enough to crack open a jar tonight but I probably will tomorrow.



I drew a few flowers out of Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers this afternoon. They look like morning glories to me.



Yesterday it was 91 degrees. Today it struggled to get over 60 degrees. Does this mean summer is abruptly over?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Crazy weather! I doubt your summer is over that quickly but that's quite a drop in temperature in just one night.