Tuesday, September 26, 2023

A Bird!

I happened to glance out the patio door and there was a House Finch there! At first it was prospecting on the ground but then it flew up to the round feeder and sat there pecking at the seed for a minute. It didn't stay long and I guess it didn't spread the word that the feeders are filled because no more birds came. But I was glad to see him anyway.



On my walk I saw a really pretty leaf. There are a lot of fallen leaves on my neighbor's yard but this one on the street really stood out to me. It's all red except for the veins which are bright yellow. I don't know if I've ever seen a two-toned leaf like that before. It seems like the leaves are changing and falling early this year. Maybe because we've had so little rain?


I cracked open Seuss-isms and found a picture of a girl with ten cats on her head. I could only manage six cats on my drawing but then I'm no Dr. Seuss.


I think I found the piece of my manuscript that I'll take to The Clearing for critique. It's got a little action and has a couple POV shifts and that's really what I want some input on so I think it's a good choice. Now I only have to reread it to make sure and then make enough copies for everyone. Since I'm riding up with cda and have to cram all of my stuff into her SUV with her things I'm not bringing a printer. At least I don't think I am. I'll consult with cda to make sure that she's not relying on me to have one.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I'm glad you decided to fill your bird feeders again. So many birds out there depend on your! I love the little one peeking around at you; the maple leaves are sure signs of autumn. So pretty.