Wednesday, September 13, 2023

It Kept Me Awake

I play a meditation when I lay down that's supposed to help me relax into sleep. Well, last night my mind clicked on while I lay there and blew up frustration with the production of my last novel into a virtual storm. I lay there stewing about the editing company "stealing" control of my manuscript and making it so that I couldn't make changes to it on Kindle Direct Publishing. So instead of taking deep breaths and sinking into relaxation, I lay there with gritted teeth trying to talk myself out of getting up and figuring out how to fix it immediately. I was successful in falling asleep but went right to the computer when I woke up and got to work. I didn't do yoga, didn't do step aerobics, barely ate breakfast, I just reformatted the final draft, uploaded it to Kindle Create, formatted it the way I wanted it to be, and republished it. Now I'm just waiting for the changes to be reviewed. I didn't make huge changes but I feel better now that I can go back in and adjust things the way I want them to be. That's the first and last time I hand over control of my work to someone else.



Once I got off the computer and out of my pjs, I noticed that the sedum has really turned pink. I was surprised that there weren't any bees when I went up there to take the picture.


I dived back into 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish, this time opening the book and paging to where I'd left off. I drew a sponge, a turtle, a cormorant, and a King Neptune. For some reason the sponge pleases me today, but King Neptune has a bit of charm.



I resolved to mow the back yard today and it took me until after 3:00 to convince myself that was a good idea. On my way to put the mower back into the garage I saw that Dad's rose is opening another rosebud so I came in for the camera. I'll mow the front yard tomorrow. Cross my heart.


I have high hopes that I'll sleep through the night one of these nights. I'm getting real tired of having a couple wake ups for trips to the bathroom. I've even taken to not having much to drink in the latter part of the day but that doesn't seem to help. *sigh*

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I hate nights like that. Your mind takes over and just won't let go. But you got things straightened out so that's a good thing. All that stuff you can do on the computer with your publishing career amaze me.