Friday, May 19, 2023

This Pink I Like

This morning I looked out and saw a different bird at the feeder. It was a Rose-breasted Grosbeak and it came back time and again all day. I assumed it was the same bird since there was only one at a time but maybe they were tag teaming the feeder. I don't know, I was just happy to see it.



DS texted that he was brewing today if I wanted to come visit, oh, and bring the drain snake when you come, Mom. So I went downstairs for the snake and then went to see what was shaking at the brewery. He was brewing a batch of Yard Games IPA and I got to taste the Brandy Old Fashioned cocktail on tap. It has been a long time since I've had one. It was pretty good and a little taste was just enough for a morning's tipple.


I decided to try my hand again at painting pansies and I think it turned out better today than yesterday. I felt more in control of the paint and I let it dry more between colors. Much better.



As promised, I drew the next two chibis out of the new book that DD sent for Mother's Day. It's a bear and a boar, both fun to draw, especially the boar.


Then I couldn't resist paging through the new Draw 20 Trees book to draw a fern, a pinecone, a snowflake, and a blueberry. I like the pinecone the best but the snowflake is a close second.



This afternoon I figured out a way to keep track of which stitch I was supposed to wrap & turn on the Hayden Hawthorne Sock heel so that was the first thing I knitted on at Friday Night Knitting. I got to the middle of the heel and now it's time to start increasing back down to the foot. I hadn't thought about that, hadn't read the directions again, so I put the sock aside and picked up the washcloth.


I made it to the middle of the washcloth, knitted the three even rows, and started decreasing back to the last corner. For a while there I was afraid that the blue wouldn't show up, it was all yellow, green, and pink, but finally in the even rows the blue showed up. I'm not a fan of blue or pink but I like the way the colors blend in this yarn.


I got another click on an ad yesterday so I've spent all of 68 cents so far on Amazon advertising. Still no sales but it's only been a month and there are lots of books in my categories that I'm competing with. I have no illusions that I'll ever get into the big bucks but it'd be nice to sell a few books to people who aren't friends and family. Yeah, I know that the people who bought my books at the farmers market were strangers but I'd like to sell more. I'm greedy that way.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I always love to see a picture of the brewery. It looks like a scientist's lab and so big.