Friday, May 5, 2023

Still Blooming

I love looking out the window of the guest room and seeing the bright yellow forsythia blooms on a dreary day like today. It was gray and drizzly all day and seeing the cheerful flowers made me happy. I noticed that leaves are starting to emerge on some of the branches too. Leaves!


When I opened the patio drapes I saw that there are tulips just blooming on top of the retaining wall. They aren't behind my side of the duplex but I figure that they count as mine anyway. There were children visiting next door yesterday and they walked on top of the wall. That gave me the willies just like it does when LC and OJ do it but they were pretty careful although I did see an iris that got broken off but who's to say that it wasn't broken by the turkey or some rascally rabbit.


Today I decided to try my hand at painting one of the fake succulents I bought this spring. (does it count as spring if I'm still wearing a sweater vest because it's so damp and chilly?) Anyway, I took my time and I think it turned out pretty okay.



For drawing practice today I turned to six different pages in the Things With Wings book and drew a pterodactyl, a dove, a flying fish, a bee, a bat, and a moth. It was fun.

 

I know that it doesn't look like I'm much farther along but I managed to add two rounds last night and tonight to the Rainbow Brioche Beanie so I'm showing it off. I'm not taking it along to The Clearing so it won't be getting any longer for the next week. Next time I'll take a picture of the flip side. It looks cool too.
 


I added a pattern repeat to the Hayden Hawthorne Sock last night and tonight. It's a little hard to see the slip-stitch pattern of the sock leg in the picture but it looks pretty cool in person. I like the yarn colors.

 

Last night in addition to a plate of the very best cookies, CS brought a tote of discontinued greeting cards for us to pick through. She reps a line of cards and has a zillion of them that she takes out of stores or doesn't need to put into stores or something like that so she shares them with her knitting friends. I like the funny and sarcastic ones the best but do pick out some "nice" ones too. Thanks, CS, you've saved us a bunch by sharing.

I tried my darnedest to write another scene today but for the life of me an idea just wouldn't come. I'm up over 1900 impressions on my Amazon ads but still no clicks or sales. Patience. (Remember the ads don't cost me anything until someone clicks on them so, so far I haven't spent a nickel.)

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Have you thought about taking one of your old stories, maybe the one about the two retired diplomats (really spies) living on an island somewhere, and weaving some scenes from that into Seaview 2? Have fun at The Clearing.