Monday, May 29, 2023

A Yellow One!

Another iris bloomed overnight--a yellow one! I forgot that there was a yellow iris up on the retaining wall. I wish I had more colors.



The Blue Star "Blue Ice" (or vice versa) is fixing to bloom. I'll be interested what the flowers look like because the buds look like upside down clusters of grapes. And speaking of grapes, I miss them. Evidently there were terrible rains in Chile where most of our grapes come from so the crop failed and it's a little early for Mexican grapes. I'll be glad when they're back in stores.


I booted up one of the Creativebug painting classes I've already taken this afternoon and painted along with a couple exercises just for fun. The red vase and flowers was a "no peek" contour play and the blue one was a "peek" exercise. Neither of them are much good but I had fun and that's what counts.



Evey day I have to add water to the birdbath and I couldn't figure out where all the water was going until I saw this pair of Starlings bathing. I've never seen such enthusiastic splashing. Cups of water were sloshing over the side. Crazy. Again the Bluejay came for a single sip of water and was gone before I even had my hand on the camera. One of these days I'll luck out and get a picture.


Once again I turned to Things With Wings and drew some of the things that I haven't drawn before--a dragon, another fairy, a gargoyle, and a dragonfly. I'm really enjoying these "Draw 20..." books.



Tonight I added four rounds on the Rainbow Brioche Beanie so I'm up to 7 1/4". I need to get to 11" before doing the crown decreases. I'll keep slogging away at it.


Did you do anything for Memorial Day? I didn't. I hung around the house like I always do, ran to the grocery for bananas (as usual) and a couple other items. I was surprised that the store wasn't very busy late in the afternoon. Guess everyone was grilling hot dogs.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Oh my goodness!! Those starlings must have been very dirty!! So much vigorous splashing it's a wonder there was any water left in the bird bath. Love the yellow iris. Our Memorial Day was just another Monday for us. No grilling at the Rehder household.