Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day!

To all the people who care for others, I hope you had a good day. I did. DS and DIL1 invited me over for brunch. We had quiche and bacon, fruit and muffins. Oh, and mimosas. Yum. Here are the cards I got. Love me some handmade cards!



And here are the bracelets that were tucked inside the cards. They're great. I wore them all day and will wear them again and again. They'll go with everything!


One Robin takes the most enthusiastic baths. He gets so wet that I'm amazed that he can fly away when he's done but he manages somehow.



And a Downy Woodpecker stopped for a sip of water. I'm always surprised to see one getting a drink.


For drawing practice today I flipped to the ladybug page of Things With Wings book, drew a few of those, then a butterfly and a fairy. I do like drawing things out of that book.



Here's the Rainbow Brioche Beanie inside out. This is the side that will show when the brim is cuffed up. When I turned it to take its picture I saw that there's one place where I dropped a yarn over but I think I'll leave it because I suspect that in trying to fix it I'll screw it up royally.


DIL1 gave me a skirt to see if I can't make it longer. It's a fully lined brocade mini skirt and I'm hoping that I can wring 3/4" of more length out of it. I went to Joann Fabric for lace hem tape and some binding. This is when I really need Mom's advice. She'd know just what to do but I'm on my own. I'm just hoping not to ruin it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You did have a banner day. How cute are those bracelets?? Too cute. What a clever idea and so very sweet. Yes, that robin is certainly a vigorous bather. That's a real action shot.