Monday, October 14, 2024

We Interrupt Yoga...

... to bring you a Red-bellied Woodpecker on the suet pellets. Just as I was changing yoga positions this morning I saw a flash of red and this Woodpecker landed on the feeder. I delayed moving to the next pose to get this shot of it. It's still kind of hanging off the bottom of the feeder, isn't it? Maybe it likes it like that.



Then when I was getting a snack this afternoon I glanced out the window over the kitchen sink and saw a little Downy Woodpecker on the suet cakes. It was on the back side but it moved just enough that I could snap a picture of its head.


Early this morning, before yoga, the flock of Sparrows descended and were on every feeder. There were three of them on the suet pellets so that's the shot I chose to show you but they were on the suet cakes and the finch feeder and the round feeder too.


I spent most of the day working on finding better keywords for The
Seaview
. That's the book I'm focusing on going through the videos in Ad School. I've got a program called Publisher Rocket that does keyword searches when you type in a phrase or a word and tells you a rating for it. One thing they tell is how many people search using that phrase and then you see a green, yellow, or red button that tells you the chance that it's a good keyword and indicates the competition if you use it. I had a list of about 25 keywords that I'd researched in August so I looked at them again and crossed off ones that I didn't think were a good match. I found about 15 more that I thought might be good and added them to my list. I changed two of the keywords I used in August because someone told me if I put "romance" in the Amazon Keywords list Amazon will show my book in romance searches and it's not really a romance, it doesn't fit the strict "Romance" expectations and will get passed over by readers. It's a lot to think about and learn but I'm glad that I have the time and energy to work on it. The ones highlighted in yellow are the ones I'm using.


For today's drawing I used Drawing Nature and once again went waaaay over the promised 15 minutes to draw the sloth. It turned out okay, I think. It wasn't too difficult to draw and it looks kind of like a sloth.


I decided to give my foot one more day of rest so I didn't take a walk. It's feeling better and I don't want to push it. This whole getting older thing is a real pain.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

There's a whole world out there involving publishing. Glad you can figure it all out.