Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Before & After

This morning before I filled the feeders the only food for the birds was the suet cakes so that's where the Sparrows were. They were so quick I could barely get a photo of them. Two of the shots ended up with brown blurs when the birds flew away but I managed to snap this one. It isn't very sharp but at least there are birds.



After lunch I went to the birdseed store and filled the feeders after I got home. No birds came to the feeders that I saw but this chipmunk came over to do cleanup of the few spilled seeds from filling the round feeder. It's very efficient.


In order to keep watch to see if any birds arrived at the filled feeders I pulled out my sketchbook, pens, and 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly. None of these figures please me. I decided to try to find a head-on view of each one and draw it but they all look goofy. Not doing that again!



This evening I drew a gratitude journal page and didn't have any trouble filling the page with little pictures. Instead of walking up to the corner and back I counted the times I went down and up the basement steps doing laundry today. I have a lot of clothes and a lot of them were down the chute so there was plenty of laundry to keep me stair climbing most of the day.


I spent a lot of time changing the covers of Open For Business, changing prices (on the advice of the Ad School coach), and working on the OFB blurb. I searched the Ad School videos for blurb construction advice and found a couple so that helped. But what helped the most was the comment I got just now when I checked my latest post with the second version of the blurb. HH posted a rough blurb using info from the one I wrote with suggestions on how to polish it up. I am so grateful!

Yesterday I contacted the virtual assistant GBB recommended and today I got an email inviting me to a consult so I hurried to book a Zoom for tomorrow afternoon. I know that I'm not using my website, FB author page, and mailing list to their greatest advantage so I'm hoping she can help. I'll keep you posted.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You don't need a stair-stepper when you've got all that laundry to do. Sounds like you're up to the task. We're waiting for the storm to pass. It's going to be a long day.