Sunday, October 13, 2024

Rainy with Afternoon Sunshine

It was overcast and rainy this morning and into the afternoon, dampening the fans at the Packers game. But during the game and after the game the sun shone for a little while so that was good. I put the sunshine and clouds and rain on the gratitude page I drew after supper. Along with my major accomplishment of shifting my summer shoes into the guest room closet and shifting my winter shoes into my main closet.


Once I returned the small people after lunch at the Home Town Cafe, I sat down at the laptop and finished the homework for Video 5 of the Ads Challenge. I made a couple FB group posts and then I made a couple keyword ads and posted about them. I learned about this utility/tool that gathers "also boughts" from book listings that are similar to my books so I can use the titles and author names as keywords. That way if someone types in one of those keywords when they're searching for a book, there's a good chance that my "ad" (aka cover) will show up on the page as a possible suggestion.


When I was walking around the block the other day I saw these two trees had changed color so I took their picture. I noticed that once again there's a light pole in the middle of the picture. I'm doomed to have streetlight poles in my pictures. *sigh* The colors are looking okay but they're not the vivid colors the leaves are in a season that isn't as dry as this one has been.



I pulled out the set of markers that LC bought me for my birthday and drew a couple flowers out of Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers. I chose the wrong yellow marker for the edge of the flowers. The one I chose was too close to the orange one. Oh well. I'll do better next time.


And it's raining again. I wish it would just RAIN instead of the piddly sprinkles that are annoying and don't water anything. I don't mind the grass not growing because it's been so dry but everything's so crispy. That's why the leaves are just brown and dropping for the most part instead of changing color and floating down.

OJ got out a tiny tea set that I bought ages ago at the dollar store and made a tea party for the three of us. He very carefully filled the tiny teapot and then dribbled a little water into each tiny cup. He said that we needed sugar so I tipped about a half-teaspoonful into an extra cup. He and LC used their mini spoons to scoop a few grains into their "tea" and exclaimed that it was pretty good. Yeah, they both really needed to drink sugar water. But it was fun to see them sipping away with their pinkies in the air.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I thought that was a "Before and After" picture of the trees. Wish I could have been there for the tea party. Cute 😍.