Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Woodpecker Day

Today was a woodpecker day at the feeders. First there was a Red-bellied Woodpecker on the suet pellets when I sat down to eat my breakfast. These guys never stay very long, not even long enough for me to tell if it's a male or a female but I sure love seeing them. The males have red all the way down to their beaks, the females don't. So this is a male.



Then later on a Downy Woodpecker landed on the side of the birdbath for a minute but not long enough for a picture but soon enough there was this one on the suet cakes. Evidently there aren't enough bugs or worms for the woodpeckers to eat so they're taking advantage of the suet on offer here.


I flipped a few pages in the Things With Wings drawing book and picked something from four different pages. I like the ladybug and the paper airplane but the foot with a wing and the Toucan are just okay.



When I came home from the GB Writer's Guild meeting and stopped in the driveway so it would be easier to haul out the big garbage bin I saw that the sunset was pretty colorful so I grabbed my phone and took a picture. It got sunny toward the end of the day but it sure didn't warm up. Today's high temperature was 46 degrees. Disappointing. 


Today I gathered up all of the art supplies on the class list for next weekend's trip to The Clearing. I folded a basket of clean laundry so I'll have enough socks and undies for the week too. I can't decide which class has more stuff that needs packing, watercolor or writing. Watercolor supplies weigh less than my laptop but they're bulkier, especially the portfolio of half-sheets of paper to paint on. Tomorrow I'll start packing clothes.

I spent some time trying to find more keywords to use for ads. I had absolutely no luck today. Either I'm searching the wrong things or, well, I'm doing something wrong, that's for sure. My friend, JB, has thousands of impressions and lots of clicks. I'm jealous even though she's spent about $20 on ads without any sales. I'd gladly pay that if my books were in front of people that many times. I'm being patient. (if I keep saying that maybe it'll be true) I've got just under 1400 impressions which is many more than I had before the ad challenge, no clicks, and no sales. Patience.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Just as I was admiring your sunset picture, a bright beam of sunlight came through the window right where I'm sitting. Beautiful sunshine at all times of the day. Always nice.