Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Mow Lawn

Check. I know all about No-Mow May but I just can't do it. If all I had was grass and dandelions, maybe, but I've got some flowering weeds that shoot up out of the lawn and it looks terrible. So this morning I fired up the mower and did the front yard, then after lunch I went out and did the back yard. Taking a break in the middle was a very good idea. I think I'll do that again.

In between mowings I went downstairs and sewed lace hem tape onto the bottom of DIL1's brocade skirt then pinned and sewed the hem. As predicted I think she gained about 3/4" of length. I hope that's enough for her to be able to wear it without showing off her bits. The brocade is very ravel-y, lots of little threads needed to be cut and tidied up, I hope that it holds together.



Drawing went okay today. I turned to the next page in Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers to find more pomegranates. At least I think that's what they are. They're the same colors as the previous page and that's definitely pomegranates.


I was inspired to paint a lavender field today. It's the screen of a word game I play so I used some of the instructions from last year's watercolor class and don't think it turned out too badly. In the picture the sky looks a little stormy but in real life it's just pale blue. I probably should have made the paint a little darker. I forget that the paint dries lighter but it's okay. I like the way the lavender looks and the back field with the loose look of the colors. Maybe I learned something last week after all.



Tonight watching TV I knitted a couple rounds on the Rainbow Brioche Beanie and then switched to the Hayden Hawthorne Sock. I think that the leg is done and it's time to start the heel. I just have to page through the directions looking for how. This is not my usual sock pattern so I need some help with the heel.


When I went out to mow this morning about 11 o'clock it was 75 degrees. When I went out to mow in the afternoon about 1:30 it was 63. Evidently a front blew through and knocked the temperature down 12 degrees in an hour. But it's supposed to be back in the 70s on Thursday. Crazy weather but at least it's sunny.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You are a good MIL to take on that little sewing project. The skirt is cute but it looks so short. I hope she doesn't have to bend over when she's wearing it.