Sunday, May 28, 2023

At Least I'm Clean

I think my biggest accomplishment today was that I took a shower and got dressed. Today was one of those unmotivated days where I just couldn't muster up a lot of enthusiasm for anything. I spent quite a bit of the day listening to an audiobook. It was Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger and I have to say it was kind of a drag. I know a lot of people loved it but I found it hard to get into and hard to keep going back to. But I finished it so I returned it and will move on.


There was a surprise visitor on the grape jelly today. The male Catbird was perched on the orange so I thought he'd peck at that but he hopped down to the jelly dish and took a few dips into the jelly. Then I saw him on the other grape jelly feeder so I guess he's a fan. I didn't hear or see the Oriole again today. Boo.



The Downy Woodpecker male stopped for a drink at the birdbath this afternoon. Seeing him today reassured me that I was right the other day that there was a Hairy Woodpecker at the feeders. I have to refill the suet pellet feeder tomorrow because the Sparrows, squirrels, and various Woodpeckers have completely emptied it. I had to refill the Hummingbird feeder today too. It emptied so quickly that I was afraid the feeder was leaking so I changed to a different one. I hope that one is all right and doesn't leak. Didn't see a Hummingbird either.


Drawing was fun today. I drew a cow and a deer chibi first.



Then I opened a few pages in the Things With Wings book and drew a vintage airplane, a moth, a beetle, a fairy, and a peacock. Fun.


 

After having bad luck painting an iris yesterday I decided to try again today. It's a little better. The top of the flower is so pale it almost disappears but I don't hate it. I'll try again tomorrow only next time I'll get out my little sketchbook of notes and see what I'm doing wrong.

 

I broke down and turned on the air conditioner this evening. It was 79 degrees in the house and I was getting a headache. Time to cool it down.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I hear you about taking a shower being your major accomplishment. I felt like that any time I forced myself into the shower before we got our wonderful walk-in installed. The extra six inches and the glass doors made all the difference. Thank goodness we could finally get that done.