Saturday, May 6, 2023

A Welcome Visitor

Once it stopped drizzling I went out and filled the birdfeeders and almost as soon as I came inside I saw a flash of blue by the peanut wreath. It was a Bluejay! Naturally it was gone long before I got to the camera but I was lucky that it or another one came back right away so I managed to snap this. It's not great but you can see the Bluejay up there working to get out a peanut.



In Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers I turned the page and found these three pomegranates to draw. I even got to use my favorite red Prismacolor colored pencils. One day I'll treat myself to a set of them. One day.


From Watercolor Flowers the Easy Way I flipped back to the Anemone for something to paint on a postcard. I've got most of my brushes, boards, and papers packed to go to watercolor class next week so my supplies are limited and, to be honest, my ideas are limited too.


And that's about my day. I spent a lot of the afternoon rereading an old manuscript hoping to find some ideas that I could use. I wrote a little scene that I'm almost afraid to read for fear that it's such crap that I'll stop writing altogether.

I didn't watch the coronation or the Kentucky Derby. I should have watched the Derby, I like horse racing, not so interested in the British monarchy.

Just so you remember, I won't blog until next Saturday. I'll try to post pictures on FB just so you know that I'm still alive. See you next week!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I thought you were already at The Clearing so good thing I still checked in on you! Nice surprise to "see" you here this morning. So - once again, have fun at The Clearing.