Tuesday, September 10, 2019

It's Tuesday and No Laptop

I called the fixit place and the fixit guy who is working on my computer won't be in until noon tomorrow.  Tomorrow, people.  Aarrgggh!


This morning I grabbed a not-big-enough glob of dough out of the container, put it into a too-big bread pan, set it to rise, then baked it.  It was hard to let it cool enough to slice and taste but I managed only because MB, the cleaning lady came so I had to regale her with vacation tales which took my mind off the enticing fragrance of fresh baked bread.  I finally ran out of patience, decided that it was cool enough, and cut a slice for me and one for MB.  Yum.  After she left I got the slicer out and sliced it as thin as I could.  It's a little too thin for the toaster but I'll manage.  Mm, homemade bread.

I spent some time transcribing my measly vacation writings onto my Alphasmart so once I get my laptop back I can upload it.  I didn't write much but I wrote some and some is way better than none.

It rained and stormed this morning, then it got hot (82) so it was unbearably humid.  The air conditioner even kicked on before noon.  Tomorrow's supposed to top out at something like 64.  Crazy.

I knitted a few sock rounds then I hauled out the other baby hat I have OTN (on the needles) and added rows to it.  I got a new pattern book yesterday and really want to jump in because all of the patterns use big yarn and big needles and everything I have right now is small needles and small yarn.  I need a change but I swear that I'll finish the baby hat before starting something else.  Really.  I will.


Lately I can't sleep past 5 or 5:30 but then I fall asleep at the drop of a hat in the afternoon and evening.  I don't like it and I'm blaming my new-ish anti-depressant booster pill.  Maybe if I go back to taking it every other day like I did in the beginning I'll manage to sleep at least until sunrise.  That'd be good.


I finally managed to yoink the rafting pix off Dropbox so I can show you how cool and intrepid I am.  If you look in the left rear of the raft you'll see the open-mouthed three-year-old who keened and wailed for the first hour.  *sigh


A friend had some Warfarin leftover from her late mom that she brought over today.  Tomorrow I dose the rat.  Mwa-ha-ha-ha.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I LOVE the whitewater rafting picture! What a great action shot. But glad there is no sound. The noisy kid would drive anyone crazy. Thank you for carrying on without the lap top. But when I talked with Nancy yesterday, we both said we're anxious to get back to see what's going on with Gail, Clara and Abel. See what an excellent author you are? Your readers are very invested in your story. Fingers crossed they appear tomorrow.