Sunday, September 8, 2019

I Can't Wait For Tuesday

Because on Tuesday I might get my laptop back and I can put this pathetic keyboard back on the shelf.

Today I mostly sat on the couch knitting and napping. (I'm calling it a time-zone-coma.)  I cast on another Bodhi Leaf Washcloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting's Ease Field Guide.  I made two of them to enter in the fair and had just enough of the third color left after knitting a couple car warshrags to complete the set.
 
After a snooze I went to the garden center.  They didn't have rat poison (???) but they did have rat repellant, granules that you sprinkle around and water in that's supposed to shoo them away.  I'm going to do it tomorrow.  We'll see how it works.  I'd like to eighty-six the thing but I guess not.  Hm, maybe Fleet Farm has rat poison.  I'll check tomorrow morning.





On our first drive through Yellowstone we came upon this bison trudging up a road on the side of a mountain.  He was enormous and had a look in his eye like he was hating his commute, hating that tourists kept stopping and gawking, and like he was this close to shoving an SUV off the cliff just to get them to leave him alone.




At our last cabin, at Mammoth Hot Springs, a herd of 9 elk females and yearlings came to the lawn in the center of the group of cabins for a morning snack of bluegrass.  I sent LC and OJ a postcard with elk on it and DS said that the elk butt was OJ's favorite part.  Man, little boys are the same all over, aren't they?  Too funny.

Say a prayer that the new hard drive comes on Tuesday and Tanner the fixit guy gets my laptop back to me.  I'm so desparate that I looked for a laptop at Meijer, not that it'd have all my stuff on it.  Good think they only had a Chromebook.

G'night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Even an old grandma like me immediately noticed the elk butt. It demands a comment. And the bison?? Words fail me. That almost prehistoric creature sharing the road with automobiles is
worth more than a comment. You did see some sights out there. Hope your laptop comes home tomorrow too. Can't wait to see what Gail and Clara and Abel have been up to while you've been away.