Monday, April 30, 2018

It's A Bluejay Day

Warm!  It got warm today--over 70 degrees.  It was sunny too.  This is more like it.


This bluejay and his/her partner came back to the peanut wreath at least a dozen times this morning performing many feats of acrobatics to get the perfect peanut out.


It was so nice out today that I carried up my summer socks and put my winter socks in the bags to take downstairs until next fall.  Don't worry, I didn't jinx us, I left a couple pairs of warm-ish socks in the dresser to keep the cold at bay.  Tomorrow I think I'll carry up a few short sleeved shirts.


This afternoon I dragged the patio table and chairs out of the shed and got them set up on the patio.  (I'd have taken a picture but the table's white and pretty dirty, I didn't want to get out the 409 and the hose so you'll have to imagine it.)  Then I got the extra-faded umbrella out of the garage.  I wasn't brave enough to open it up because I suspect that the canvas has reached it's breaking point and if I stretch it out it will tear along the folds.  Durwood keeps insisting that he's going to buy a new one but he's seeing market umbrellas that are about $30-$40 and I suspect that isn't what we need.  I'll have to take a tour of the Walmart patio department one of these days.

Tomorrow we have the last appointment on our Estate Planning quest.  Not that we're putting out the welcome mat for the Grim Reaper or anything, but when he eventually stops by we'll be ready.  The only thing I have to do after tomorrow's appointment is pick up an accordion file or two at the office store so that I can have all of the pertinent info in one convenient place.  I think I'll get a flashy file, something with bright colors and maybe flowers, so it won't get lost in the shuffle.

I'm not accustomed to knitting hats on size 6 needles so this Two-Row Stripe Packer hat is going slowly.  Of course if I knitted on it more it'd go faster.





April 30--Jan Vermeer, Girl with a Pearl Earring.  

He called her name
as she walked away.
She turned,
a look of sad apprehension
tugged at her lower lip.
The light glistened
on the pearl earring
heavy on her small ear.
~~~~~

Well, that's it, the last of the 2018 April Poetry Month poems and I have to say that I'm relieved.  I didn't feel like the fire of inspiration struck very often over the last 30 days but, as always, I'm glad I played along.  It also came to me today that I need to have the May issue of the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild newsletter put together and ready to email to the members on Thursday, this Thursday.  Eek.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

What a happy sight that bluejay is -- against a bit of green background instead of a mountain of white snow. Seventy degrees definitely justifies the appearance of all the birds -- and your summer socks!