Monday, April 9, 2018

Dammit

I just took this earring off and when I reached to take off the other one it wasn't there.  I don't remember when I last saw it in my ear, dammit.  I walked around the block this afternoon, stripped Durwood's bed and remade it, threw the sheets in the washer, took a necklace off over my head.  I checked in my pocket, looked around the bottom of the dresser where I took off the necklace, and poked around the bed.  I can't find it.  I've had these earrings for years, YEARS, and love them.  I got the colored pearls in February and AT took them off their wires for me and put rings on them so I can dangle them from the hoops too.  Well, now it's just hoop.  Dammit.  I'll look more tomorrow.  I'll probably unmake and remake the bed.  *sigh*  Dammit.

This morning the sun was barely peeking through the clouds but it didn't show on this picture.  I was late enough taking it that the sun was high enough to be in the bare tree branches.  The day was mostly sunny but started cloudy.  They'd said we might have some snow this morning but mercifully we didn't.




One-tenth (approximately) of the 1965 graduating class of St. Agnes Grade School met for lunch today at 1919 restaurant in the Lambeau Field atrium and then got a very thorough tour led by a classmate who is part of the management of the facility.  We even got to go out on the roof from where we could see the bay, the bridges, and downtown.  I was sure I took a picture but evidently didn't.  Damned phone.  The only photo I have is this one of them redoing the field.  I was surprised to discover that it's three-quarters of a mile walk around the stadium.  



When I got home I decided that it was a good day to "walk to Edinburgh" but my thighs were not convinced, not at all.  I'd walked less than a block before I realized that my hips and thighs might have something to say about me walking more all the way around but I chose to ignore them and keep going.  I sat on the front stoop to listen to the last couple minutes of the episode and snapped this picture to show that the snow from last week is going away.  I have no illusions that it'll stay away but for now it's melting.  (melting, what a world, what a world)


Here's not much more of the first Montparnasse sleeve but it's all of the making I have to show for today.

April 9--William James Glackens, Family Group.  

Mother wants to be there.
The youngest doesn't mind.
It's the languid sisters who want to leap up,
run off,
fling their cloches behind them.
A pout may be appealing
accompanied by a twinkling eye,
but these girls have lost their twinkles
under a veil of angst, ennui,
and perhaps a little laudanum.
~~~~~

I am so peeved over losing that earring.  I don't lose earrings ever and now one of my very favorite ones is gone and I fear it's never to be found.  Dammit.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Fingers crossed you find your earring. It could happen. Maybe appearing in a place you wouldn't have thought to look. But I feel your pain. At the same time, your socks never match so why should your earrings??? Find one that sort of coordinates with it and make a fashion statement all your own. Glad the snow is melting. That stadium looks so enormous from that angle and with no fans filling the stands. Nice that you got together with your old classmates.