Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter!

We had a quiet day here in old people's land.  See how cold it got overnight?  Half of the birdbath is back to being frozen.  It barely got up to 32 degrees today so I didn't go out much, didn't even take a walk so it's going to take me a long time to "walk to Edinburgh" at this rate but that's okay.  

 





The Easter Bunny brought Durwood a mug partially filled with malted milk ball eggs and a mocha meltaway bar and baskets for LC and OJ.  I got consumed with working on the knitting guild newsletter so I didn't deliver the baskets.  I figured that it'd be nice to spread out the sweets so I'll take them over one evening this week.








More things are sprouting outside.  I spied this little tuft of daylily against the back of the house (on the North side no less) the other day, more crocuses are up, and the hyacinth is beginning to bloom.




April is Poetry Month so today's post starts 30 days of mediocre verse, none of it rhyming, most of it drivel but hopefully no more drivel-ish than my daily splurt of fiction.  So here goes...

April 1--Alexander Vladimirovich Makovsky, Easter Table.

Milk glass bowl
heaped with dyed eggs
flashes jewel colors in sunlight.
Hyacinths and peonies
perfume the springtime air.
Bowls of fruit, bottles of wine
guarded by a startled-looking piglet,
crisp, golden, and roasted to perfection. 
~~~~~

Not only drivel but gruesome drivel--and on Easter Sunday no less.  You're welcome.  I hope your day was festive, warm, and filled with family.  I thought about you today.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Spring has got to arrive -- and stay -- for heaven's sake. Snow in April is definitely against the law! I wanted to sing "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" but LD vetoed my suggestion. Too early in the morning I guess. But we did have a great visit with them.