Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Trying to Do Too Much in One Day...

... leads to a lack of blogging activity that day.  I did get in my yoga practice, meditated, and did step aerobics.  Then I read the newspaper, did the Jumble and Sudoku puzzles and the crossword, before doing a sinkful of dishes.  In the afternoon Durwood had an appointment, we went to the store, and came home for supper.

Oh, I just remembered how yesterday started.  DS called at 7 AM to say that the car we're lending him had a dead battery and would I please deal with it because they both had to get the kids to day care and get to their jobs with one car.  So, I called AAA, met the battery guy at DS's house where he got it started fairly quickly, then called AAA back asking for it to be towed to our mechanic's (which is 3 blocks from home but across town from DS's house) so he could check it over.  Sorry, they won't tow a running car.  Uhhhh.  I called the car guy, explained the problem, he volunteered to drive it over if I came to get him, so I drove back across town, picked Joe up, drove back to DS's, gave Joe the key fob (which I'd removed so I could lock the car but not turn it off), and drove back home.  That got me to about 9:30, so my morning activities were slightly delayed.  The best part of the whole car battery debacle was that I got to pick up DS after he got off work and drive him to pick up the car so I got a little visit with my son at the end of the day.  Nice.


Today I got all my morning stuff--yoga, meditate, step, newspaper, puzzles, Bullet Journal--done by about 11 o'clock so I went downstairs to work on the pink puppet.  I'm down to the putzy, hand-sewing parts.  The first hurdle was figuring out how to attach the eyelashes to the pompom eyes and then how to sew the whole shebang onto the top of the head.  Tomorrow I'll sew the horns on the sides, stuff the head, and sew it to the body and it'll be done.


There were lots of breakfasting birds and tree rats (aka squirrels) this morning.  I wish the picture showed the activity of the scene.



 



This male Downy Woodpecker was really working at getting his fill of suet.




 
I hope you can see all the little bird feet tracks in this thin layer of snow.  It makes me think of Japanese paper.




Here's how the sky looked when I took out the trash and recycling tonight.  See how far down south the sun has moved?  Pretty soon it'll start coming back and the days will get longer--and they'll foist Daylight Savings Time on us again, robbing us of an hour's sleep.

December 12--Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres, Madonna of the Host.  You could tell she was uncertain about it.  The way she held her fingertips together to keep from touching it or knocking it off of the table.  No one wants to find a glowing white disk in the middle of the room casting a creepy light over Grandma's hand-crocheted doily.  It's unnatural.  Maybe Benny, that little prankster, had set this up and was even now hiding behind the heavy drapes waiting for her to touch the thing.  It would probably give her a shock if she did.

It was so cold today I thought my fingers were going to fall off when I took out the trash--and I wore gloves.  At least it was sunny.  Of course I was in the basement during most of the sunshine but I felt it, I know I did.  Speaking of cold, I think it's time for some ice cream.  Toodle-oo.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That puppet is a puzzlement to me but I'm confident that it's exactly correct. The eyelashes are very impressive. Love the little bird tracks in the snow. And you get a pass for skipping yesterday. A lot of too-ing and fro-ing for and with DS but certainly worth it.