Saturday, December 9, 2017

Squirrel Party

That's what we had this morning, a squirrel party at the feeders.  There's one on the peanut wreath, one under it to catch any nuts that drop, one on the backside of the square feeder, one on the corn cobs by the fence, one on the fence, and one in the apple tree above.  There had been more but they vamoosed when a boss squirrel arrived.


As you see, we had a little overnight snow.  Somebody forgot to clear the toys off the patio yesterday afternoon so they got snowed on but I took the shovel out to clear off the patio, picked up the toys and big wheel, and put them in the garage for the winter.  I suspect that there won't be a lot of big wheel riding or pool toy needing for a few months, even if I do manage to keep the patio shoveled, which I always say I'm going to do but usually manage not to.



Last night's sunset was pretty.  Of course, it was prettier a few minutes earlier as I was fetching my camera but I like when there's a slit near the horizon for the sun to shine through.  Ignore the power lines and poles, please.


I got the second puppet cut out and think I've figured out how to make it look kind of like the creatures in that video that LC and OJ like so much.  I'm hoping to have time later and/or tomorrow to start putting it together.  These are the only Christmas gifts I'm making so I'd really really REALLY like to have them done soon.


I worked on the Black & Blue shrug at knitting last night and got to the end of the first skeins of yarn so I am making progress but it doesn't really look that much different than it did the last time I showed it to you so I'm not going to.  Show it to you, that is.

December 9--Pieter Brueghel the Younger, Winter Landscape.  It was cold that day, so cold that the sap in a few of the trees froze and exploded out of the branches.  It sounded like little firecrackers and sent Georges, the old baker, diving under his kitchen table.  Georges had lived through the last war that had raged back and forth through the village as if it were the 50-yard line on a country-sized football field.  He thought the erratic pops sounded like small arms fire and he had been through more than enough of that for one lifetime.

My Wii Fit platform thing (I think it looks like a cafeteria tray) has developed a glitch.  Every once in a while when I fire it up to do my step aerobics (4-5 times/week) I have it weigh me. I don't take it as gospel, more as a between "official" weigh-ins quick check.  I did that this morning and it said that I've lost 17.4# since last Sunday.  Now you and I both know that the only way I'd lose that much weight in that short a time would be to amputate a leg (or two) so I'm thinking glitch.  It's probably such an outdated game thing I can't buy a new one.  Maybe I'll troll through eBay later just to see what's out there.  Time to find some lunch.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

The big wheel looks kinda sad out there covered in snow. At least the squirrels seemed to be having a good time!