Thursday, December 7, 2017

And Snowy

Look at what I woke up to.  Well, not just me, the whole neighborhood, probably the whole west side, maybe even the whole city.  It's all of 22 degrees out there and still a bit breezy.  *shivers*  Maybe I can avoid going to get bananas.  Nah, I need to go, don't I?  We're out and we can't have that.


I didn't sleep well last night so accomplishing anything today has been a real struggle.  I managed to hand sew a beard onto the puppet, trim it, and then stuff and sew the head to the body--a little cockeyed, I must admit--so all it needs is hemming to be ready for its Christmas destiny.  Next comes a pink... creature with pompom eyes, luxurious eyelashes, and horns--that sings the refrain of LC & OJ's favorite video song.


December 7--Joseph-Desire Court, Woman with Mask.  It was her gloves that caught his attention.  They were white calfskin, so thin as to be nearly transparent, formed to her hands, buttoned at the wrist, and trimmed with ruffled lace.  He's never seen anything like them.  Maybe she was an actress dressed for a performance or an heiress off to a ball.  It no longer mattered which because she would never get there.  The bloody gash across her throat guaranteed it.

And that's all I've got.  Except for a lack-of-sleep headache that I plan to get rid of by going to bed right quick once it's dark.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Hate when you don't sleep well. Makes you feel like your grumpy puppet looks!!! Kidding!! At least I doubt your hair looks like his. At the same time, he's very cute.