Wednesday, December 6, 2017

C-c-c-cold & Windy

And random white specks are blowing in the wind.  (did you just start singing in your head? I did)  I went out to top up the birdbath this morning and found it half-iced.  The weather guessers said the wind was supposed to stop blowing around 6 o'clock yesterday evening.  It didn't.  Or if it did, it only stopped long enough to catch its breath and start again.



I need to get myself back down to the dive shop and trace off the right size of Dress No. 2 so I can make myself a flannel dress out of that cool graphic fabric I bought.  Maybe Saturday...








Yesterday afternoon and evening I worked on the first pseudo-Muppet puppet I'm making for LC and OJ for Christmas.  This is my interpretation of Mahna-Mahna with his mouth wide open and his hair all wild.  Next I'll handstitch on a narrow piece of the hairy stuff below his mouth and trim it short to suggest his beard, then the head gets stuffed and sewn to the body part.  Oh, and the bottom needs to be hemmed.  I hope Jim Henson's ghost doesn't come to haunt me or his lawyers come to sue me.  I don't think they will because they're just toys for toddlers to play with, I'm not going into production.


December 6--A Little Boy with a Horse in Winter.  Galen rubbed a clear spot in the frost on the window.  The day had turned cold and windy.  Snow had fallen, borne on the wind to cluster at the base of the low bushes that bordered his yard.  The streetlight down on the corner made a bluish glow that reminded him of a spotlight in an old movie.  Into the light walked a small boy dressed for the weather in leather boots, wool pants and coat, and a dark red earflap hat.  He held a leather lead in one mittened hand.  At the other end of the lead was a white horse, twice as tall as the boy and immensely stronger.  Galen wasn't sure if the boy led the horse or the horse drove the boy.  Neither of them showed any tension, just a boy leading his horse or a horse walking his boy, both of them wreathed in their frosty white breath as the evening grew colder.

I've decided to ignore the WW points reduction and keep eating the way I have been for the last month (in which I have lost 11#), keep logging what I'm eating, and keep logging my activity.  If they want to arbitrarily reduce my points they can but I'm going to keep doing what's working for me.  So there.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

When I saw that darling Muppet puppet, I could almost hear him screaming. Definitely one of your best efforts. Love the shot of the semi-frozen birdbath with the two maple leaves encased in ice. Good for you for continuing your own way with the WW points thing. If it's working, why change?