Thursday, April 26, 2012

Food Glorious Food (name that musical)



Last night was the last (for the season) Beer & Food pairing supper at Titletown Brewing where both my DS & DIL1 work.  They thought it up, they plan it, and they host it.  It's an awesome evening with good food, a little education/information, surrounded by good people.  I freakin' love it, and I can't wait until they start up again.  Durwood's not into beer, climbing stairs to the upstairs dining room, or paying thirty bucks for food he isn't choosing.  No biggie.  My writing & knitting friend Cookie comes with me and we have a blast.  The Senior Executive President of Marketing Adam usually sits with us and keeps us laughing.  (I think he's really the Marketing Manager but he likes to give himself tiny, little promotions on the fly.)  DIL1's parents come to, with friends; we sometimes sit with them, sometimes not.  It is a convivial night that I really enjoy.  In June Suds & Cinema will start up again with 80s classic movies shown out on their covered patio.  It's free!!! And you can order a snack or just a drink.  Cookie and I go to those too and enjoy sitting out in the warm summer Sunday night, swatting mosquitoes, and watching movies.  I usually order the sweet potato fries and a root beer and she gets real beer with her fries.  We live on the edge, Cookie & me.  Hey, the sun's out.  Hallelujah.  I love me a sunny day.  (and I managed to spell "hallelujah" without Spellcheck or looking it up in the paper dictionary)  My maple tree is finally making more than buds.  The buds have turned into little tassels of pale chartreuse that dangle from each twig.  Makes me feel like Spring's really on the rise.  All the other trees around have been budding and leafing out but mine has been lagging behind.  I prefer to think that's so that it can wow everyone with its display come Autumn.  *nods confidently*
 
April 25--Millsent Connor, Embroidered Sampler.

Needle flashing silver
pulling silk through linen,
a young girl
draws with thread,
learns housewifery,
practices her future
one stitch at a time.
                --bam
~~~~~
Okay, I'm off to seek Cheerios, then dress and go off to keep the world safe from SCUBA diving.  Wish I was going SCUBA diving right now.  Oh wait, my wetsuits at the dive shop.  Maybe next week, possibly next month, for sure the month after that.  June, right?  Yeah, June.  Coming right up.  May's just around the corner.  Can you believe it?  Me neither.  Toodle-oo.
--Barbara

No comments: