Monday, April 9, 2012

Making Stuff & Fish Sex

I didn't knit one stitch while I was away.  I spent time working through Lala's critique of a novel, making notes of things to change and where more scenes need to be.  Her comments gave me a place to stand to get a different perspective and the time passed didn't hurt either.  On Saturday afternoon we gathered in the breakfast room of the motel and made bookmarks with pressed flowers, old stamps, fancy papers, origami papers, and a laminator.  It was fun.




When we walked up 8th Street on Saturday to have lunch at Field to Fork, a restaurant that uses locally produced food and gets it onto your plate with the minimum of alteration, I noticed what I thought was a broken access ladder on top of the smokestack at the edge of the business district.  I kept watching it and it evolved into the figure of a chimney sweep.  Very cool and amusing. 













Yesterday after Easter lunch Jefe & HZ led us through the streets of Shawano to see Sturgeon spawning at the Shawano Dam on the Wolf River.  I was transfixed.  I could have stayed there all afternoon in the sunshine, listening to the water roaring through the sluice gates and watching those black fins break the surface.  It was exciting and relaxing at the same time.  An excellent finale to a fine Easter meal.

No comments: