Thursday, April 12, 2012

Not Very Yarn-y These Days...

...and I'm sorry about that.  Not sorry that I'm not doing much knitting but sorry if you come here for knitting content on a regular basis.  I've been force-feeding you sewing for a while too but lately I got pretty much nothing.

So I took some pretty spring bulb flowers pictures to distract you.
 








There has been the teensiest bit of knitting going on--

I'm still working on the Maple Tree scarf waiting for the day when the buds appear, burst open and give me a new color to add in.  I grabbed the bull by the horns yesterday and cut the Winter White yarn I've been carrying up the side of the scarf for nearly a month, maybe even over a month.  I want to apologize right now if the combination of putting away the snowblower and cutting the white, snow-representing yarn both in the same week makes it snow, but I just couldn't see dragging feet of that yarn up the side, wasting it like that.  I'll slap it back in if I need to but I'm guessing I won't be needing too.

I had the idea of knitting and felting a nest and some eggs as an Easter gift for HZ when they hosted the April Family Dinner on Easter.  You see how far that idea went.  I'm telling myself that I'm ahead for next year.  Yeah, that's what I'm doing.


I added a round or two onto the latest Color Stripe Vessel yesterday but no one but me would notice.  I plan to knit a couple more rounds and then start decreasing to have a shallower bowl once the felting commences.


And that's it.  I'm frustrated right now because my TomTom won't talk to my laptop and vice versa so it's not updating.  We're going to Lexington next week, it needs to update.  I bought it special with free updates.  Free!  Not invisible.  I love electronics.  Yes, I do.  Usually.

No comments: