Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Need a Keeper

I said it yesterday and it's so true. I was supposed to get a haircut this morning but my beautician was ill so since I was on the east side of town I zipped over to Hobby Lobby to get a skein of a particular yarn to make her a felted purse for Christmas. One skein, that's what I was after. Did I stop at one? No. (But then you knew that, didn't you?) I did get the purse yarn. I hope she likes these colors.


But I also found these on two of the ends.

I was sucked in by the colors of this
sock yarn and by reading on someone's blog yesterday about a woman she met at Rhinebeck or SOAR who only knits single socks, all kinds of patterns, all kinds of yarns, one sock. So this Red Heart Heart & Sole yarn, with Aloe, will be my first foray into knitting a sock on size US2s. Maybe. Unless I lose my nerve and bump it back up to 3s. Or maybe I'll find a pattern I like that calls for US1s and just go for it. That is, of course, after I finish the Reef Socks, 2 Stealth projects, a shawl and more of a sweater. Oh, and a quickie project for someone's birthday. So, yeah, someday I'll be knitting this yarn.




Then there's this I Love This Cotton yarn. I'm all about the variegated, you know that, but I also like the feel of this. It's a little finer and a lot softer than either Sugar 'n Cream or Peaches & Creme. It'll be good for a Ballband warshrag for car knitting.

I was tickled when I checked out and it came to exactly $20, but I didn't have to sp
end it. I could have saved it. Someone needs to save me from myself. Please!


I did knit on th
e Lava shawl last night and got through the first 2 rows of the column lace. See? It's a little holey.

No comments: