Monday, October 26, 2009

S.W.A.K.

Once again I find myself staring at an art world icon for today's prompt. It's Tut's golden death mask. What is there to write about that, I ask myself, that has not already been written a hundred times? I frowned and huffed and tsked, and then my eyes fell on the answer. Brace yourself.

October 26--Egyptian 18th Dynasty, Gold funerary mask from the tomb of Tutankhamun, New Kingdom. I see those lips and want to run my finger over them. I want to press my lips to them and feel them on my skin. I look at those lips and imagine them trailing kisses down my neck and shoulder to press themselves on my breast. I imagine their fullness teasing my nipple as it swells to meet them at their touch. Those vivid lips promise such sensual feeling as they descend toward me. The slight smile that curves them and the twinkle that lights the eyes above them make me catch my breath in anticipation.

See? Not your everyday tangent, but it sure did break up the monotony here at the empty dive shop.
--Barbara

No comments: