Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Chilly Autumn Saturday...

and I'm at work. Ugh. All I want to do today is lounge on the couch in soft clothes with my yarn and a mindless movie. Instead I'm nicely dressed, my hair is combed, I'm wearing earrings (!), and here I sit all alone in a dive shop in mid-October in Green Bay, Wisconsin. My best diving friend John stopped in this morning to make beaucoup copies for his mortgage banker so he kept me entertained for a while, but I suspect that my bowl of soup and my little bag of yarn that I want to turn into an "ear sweater" (to quote the pattern designer) are all the entertainment I can hope for the rest of the day.

I am enjoying the challenge to visit each and every blog that signed up to do Blogtoberfest over at TinnieGirl's blog, a few of them I'll be adding to my Links list over on my knitting blog before the month is out. Check 'em out!

October 17--Camille Pissarro, The Church and Farm of Eragny. "Cam, come on," Claude yelled. "The light is changing color. Let's go!" The voice came in the window like a rock thrown by a vandal. Cam bolted out of bed hitting his shin on the chair beside his desk, hopping and swearing as he picked up his pants. Without cleaning his teeth or combing his hair he snatched up his paint box and left. When they got to the hill overlooking the old river valley where the village sat, the sun was climbing toward its zenith and the rich aroma of cattle floated up to them on the morning wind. Turning his face into the sun, Cam watched the shadows of the trees retract into their trunks as the light changed and the heat built.

I like this. It'll get starred for further exploration at a later date.
--Barbara

No comments: