Thursday, October 29, 2009

Only 2 Days Left

Blogtoberfest is winding down. I'm kind of going to miss it, going to miss having to dredge up a photo and something interesting to post every day. I'm replacing it with NaNoWriMo. Having to write 1667 words of a novel each day during November will keep me nicely occupied, thank you very much. I know I can do it; I've done it three times before. I know the hardest part is reminding myself that I can type any manner of tripe, doesn't have to make sense or be grammatical or spelled correctly, doesn't have to connect to what was written the day before, nothing. All it has to be is words. I've got my "inner Hitler" safely stowed in her jar and a vague idea of where the words might go come Sunday, so I'm all ready. Wish me luck.






I've been knitting at work today. Only one customer so far. I found The Dark Crystal on Netflix instant play list so I'm deep in the world of Jen and the Skeksies. Jim Henson was a genius.



My writing friend, Roi, published a book and set of cards of spiritual guidance called Spirit of Archetypes. They are supposed to be used to help you make your way through life's pitfalls but I can't seem to get past the gorgeous art on the cards. I shuffle through them and imagine all sorts of stories growing from them.

No comments: