Saturday, October 18, 2008

What A Glorious Day It Is

We should go for a walk. Sunny and cool, my favorite kind of day. I went to the Farmer's Market this morning (only two more until it closes for the winter) and got eggplants, golden beets, carrots, tiny potatoes, broccoli, parsnips, mushrooms, a bag of Bartlett pears, 3 crab rangoons (my breakfast), a chunk of Irish Cheddar cheese, and a smoked turkey leg--all for less than $25. We'll eat like royalty this week. Just think of having a slice of smoked turkey with all those gorgeous veggies steamed or roasted and arranged around it like jewelry, with a sliced pear and a bit of sharp cheese to share for dessert. Mmm. Don't you wish you could eat at my house? Actually it sounds a bit like an episode of "Happy Eating" at David & Abby's.

October 17--When I opened my mouth to sing--Honestly. I can't think of a single thing to write from that prompt up there. Thinking's probably my problem but there you are. I can't stop. I've got a picture of a woman opening her mouth in choir and either a frog croak, a hiccough, or a bubble comes out. But then what? Nothing. It's a big black nothing beyond that. A yawning, cavernous, gravity-sucking nothing, like the nothing in that kids movie with Bastian and Etreu and Artax and the big rock guy. Oh yeah, The Neverending Story, but I am not doing a riff on that, I'm not anywhere near that good and for sure not at 11:11 PM. This looks like enough. Goodnight.

So there you have it. Enjoy this gorgeous day.
--Barbara

No comments: