Sunday, October 19, 2008

Windy Day to Match My Mood

I liked the wind today, the leaves tossing and the trees swaying. It was invigorating, wasn't it? I made six pints of applesauce from apples Don and I picked from the tree in the doctor's office parking lot behind the house. Hey, we mostly only picked the apples on our side of the fence. It's delicious.

October 18--Write about a hideout--It was the perfect place, leafy and cool on hot afternoons, a great place to lay and read a book. It was just far enough out of the way to be private but close enough to keep an eye on things in the neighborhood. I was always surprised that no one else had laid claim to it but I never saw a sign of it if they did. I don't know why they didn't, my hideout was in plain sight, not hard to get to but things were always just the way I left them. Grandpa knew, I'm sure. But then he's the one who made and planted the bean tepee every year.

Not earth-shaking but it's writing.
--Barbara

No comments: