Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Busy Plotting....

Nice job on the darkness piece Barbara....I felt it enveloping me as well as the paralysis Fiona is feeling at the loss of her future.

I've been reading "No Plot...No Problem" as my training for NanoWrimo...and think I have picked a plot for my story....I used the Writer's Book of Matches for help and decided (I think) to create a novel about a blind woman's guide dog that begins speaking to her when alone. We will see.....

October 28 - It was a summer of blue-black nights

As a child, I always marveled at the darkness of the sky at my grandparent's cottage. The city lights could not reach and invade the quiet country sky, allowing constellations and stars to illustrate the beauty of the dark night. The walk to the outhouse required a flash-light (as well as an adult) and the walk from the beach was done by memory; careful not to trip over the deep layers of shale that separated lush lawn from sky blue water.

As an adult, I still marveled at the darkness of the sky where my grandparent's cottage once stood and where my house now stands. The city lights still cannot reach the quiet country sky and the constellations and stars still reflect the beauty of the dark night. I no longer had an outhouse to navigate to by the beam of a flashlight or the security of a loving aunt; but the walk from the beach was still done alone.

No comments: