Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mwahahaha!

I have lured another victim into my web. *rubs hands together in a gleeful and scary manner* Welcome to the insanity, Jennifer. One week from today we step off the cliff of safe writing and plunge into unknown depths of swirling words and ideas. Geronimo!

October 24--There is a place called____--There is a place called French Lick in southern Indiana. I've never been there but I heard the name a lot when I was a kid. Even then it sounded a little, well, a little naughty. Everyone knows the French have cornered the market on naughty. Think of French postcards and French kissing. Hah, that's like licking. Sort of. There's something intimate and exposed about a wide open mouth with the tongue out to lick. I knew that as a kid. Besides, our neighbor lady, Georgia, always seemed kind of wild to me and she was always going to French Lick. I'm going to Google that at work tomorrow if it's not busy. There has to be a good reason to call a place French Lick and I'm determined to discover it.

No time to Google at work today, very busy, 21 customers between 8 AM and 4 PM. Very busy. I'll Google tomorrow. For now I'm going to flop on the couch.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Ann said...

I told one of my authors that you were from Evansville, and he told me to ask if you if you'd ever heard the saying, "South Bend is in the North, North Bend is in the South, and French Lick isn't all it's cracked up to be." I forgot to this morning!