Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday is *Not* Zoo Day (see the P.S. below)

This morning Don and I are going out to the NEW Zoo to see the new lion cubs and feed the giraffes. I love the giraffes! I'd spend my fortune on giraffe crackers if they'd let me and I had one.

Sept. 16--Write about something you'd do differently--Sheila thought she'd think twice if she ever decided to changer her name again. She was barely eighteen the last time she did it. Her name went from Cheryl (too little-girly) to Sheila right after she'd seen the Crocodile Dundee movie for the second time and she was flat out in love with all things Australian. She also thought naming herself Sheila was a bit of a feminist move because Aussies call women Sheilas, but not, Sheila has come to admit, in a deeply respectful way. It seemed to her on her trip Down Under that it was on a par with an American guy calling her a gal and she hates that. Next time she'll be a little more careful about choosing a new name. She'll pick something exotic and foreign-sounding, like Shallot or Chagrin. Yeah, she likes the "sh" sound of Chagrin, such a happy name ending with a "grin" as it does.

Seems Sheila's not the brightest bulb in the marquee. As Bob would say, who knew?
--Barbara

P.S. Got on the highway on the way to the zoo and the van started vibrating and scared the spit outta me. I put on the flashers and got off at the next off ramp. Turns out the emergency brake was stuck. It'll cost nearly $300 to have it fixed. I love vehicles.

No comments: